Sunday 5 October 2014

CROSS TRIATHLON DE JABLINES - ANNET

On the 21st September 2014, I participated to my first tri with the EPPG Tri Club.
It was a "cross" triathlon which means that the bike leg was done on a mountain bike.
The event was taking place in Jablines Annet Leisure Centre which is a 30 mins drive from the East of Paris.
We had to swim 1KM, cycle 22KM and run 8KM.





The swim was a challenge since I'm not used to swim 1KM in a row. The ride was not easy because it had rained the day before and in the morning therefore it was muddy and slippery (and it was only the 3rd time I was riding a mountain bike in about 10 years or more!). 

I have the yellow cap
Concentrated on the bike
Finally the run was also tough because we had to run on various surfaces (grass, concrete, gravel)  and even jump a big trench.

I finish in 2:22:11...not wonderful but quite happy for my first tri in more than a year.

EPPG after the race


No comments:

Post a Comment