Saturday 7 July 2012

Triathlon de Paris 2012

The Garmin Paris Triathlon is taking place this weekend (07 & 08 july). Some of the world's best triathletes will compete this Saturday morning. Then around 4300 participants will try to finish the Olympic distance triathlon (1500m swim, 20km bike, 10km run) as soon as possible on sunday morning.
Unfortunately the weather is quite bad today and it is gonna be even worth tomorrow. It means that it won't be too hot which is great but at the same time the roads may be wet and slippery.
Despite the weater, I think that it is still gonna be a magic event just because it takes place in the heart of Paris. The competition starts and ends right next to the Eiffel tower.
Although I wanted to, I did not register for the race because I am only just recovering from the marathon I ran mid April. I had a problem with my left knee that required attention and more importantly rest (not allowed to run)...
However, I will be going to see the race and support my friend Antoine with whom I have been cycling lately. Good luck Antoine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment